Dan Turkewitz is currently an Managing Director in JLL's New York office. He focuses on tenant and owner representation, and new business development as part of a 26-member team that serves clients across the Tri-state Region. For tenants, Mr. Turkewitz assists in strategic planning, market analysis, option development, site selection and transaction management. For owners and sublandlords, he develops marketing plans, identifies and targets potential tenants, and helps negotiate transactions. Mr. Turkewitz understands the importance of timely market knowledge to client success and has devoted considerable effort to becoming a resource of information for both his team and the entire New York operation. He joined JLL in 2011.
Mr. Turkewitz has twelve years of real estate experience. Prior to joining JLL, he was a member of a leading brokerage team at Cushman & Wakefield, Inc. He began his career at Studley, Inc. in 2005.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Turkewitz has worked with tenants in the entertainment, financial services, media and technology industries. Some of his most notable accomplishments as tenant representative include:
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company: 280,000-s.f. disposition at 1290 Avenue of the Americas
- LF USA: Consolidation of its North American offices into 125,000- s.f. at 1359 Broadway
- UBER Technologies: 52,350-s.f. acquisition at 261 Eleventh Avenue and 36,142-s.f. acquisition at 31-00 47th Avenue Long Island City, NY
- Alloy Digital: 34,000-s.f. acquisition at 498 Seventh Avenue
- Brean Capital, LLC: 33,219-s.f acquisition at 3 Times Square and 22,000-s.f. acquisition at 1345 Avenue of the Americas
- Dentsu Holdings USA, Inc.: 33,000-s.f. acquisition at 32 Avenue of the Americas
- Third Point Management: 31,000-s.f. expansion/extension at 390 Park Avenue
He has also successfully represented firms such as: Archon Partners, Argonaut Capital, Asterion Investments, Auda Advisors, Bankable Enterprises, Barclays, Benchmark Solutions, Caxton Associates, Celtic Pharmaceuticals, Equinox Capital, Falcon Edge Capital, Kilpatrick Townsend Stockton LLP, Knighthead Capital, LightBox Capital Management, Livestream LLC, Lone Star US Acquisitions LLC, Lombard Odier, Longacre Fund Management, Magnetar Capital, Manikay Partners, Marathon Asset Management, Morgans Hotel Group, Salans LLP, Seer Capital Management, Standard Investment Research, Stillwater LLC, Stonehenge Partners, Tandem Capital, ThruPoint, Tudor Investment Corp, Quadrangle Group, VSO Capital, and WilmerHale.
- 11 Times Square (SJP Properties): Leased 425,000 s.f.
- 350 Madison Avenue (RFR Realty): Leased 80,000 s.f.
- 285 Madison Avenue (RFR Realty): Leased 80,000 s.f.
- 650 Madison Avenue (Vornado): Leased 50,000 s.f.
- 90 Fifth Avenue (RFR): Leased 40,000 s.f
Education and Affiliations
Mr. Turkewitz graduated with a B.A. in international relations from the University of Wisconsin in 1995, and earned an M.B.A. from Fordham University in 2004. He is a member of the Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY) and an active member of the Horace Mann Alumni Council.