Mr. Riera as Senior Vice President, Leasing Director is in charge of Jones Lang LaSalle's leasing operations for the State of Louisiana. He is primarily responsible for the leasing and marketing of the 1515 & 1555 Poydras Buildings, a 2 building office complex totaling approximately 1 million square feet of Class A space located in the Central Business District of New Orleans. Additionally, Mr. Riera is involved with tenant representation and investment sales transactions. He offers over 28 years of commercial real estate experience.
Mr. Riera joined Jones Lang LaSalle Americas, Inc. in 1992, successor by merger to COMPASS Management & Leasing. Mr. Riera served as Area Manager for COMPASS Management & Leasing, Inc. for the New Orleans Metropolitan Area. Primary responsibilities included the planning, directing and coordination of all leasing and property management activities of the current 1,000,000 square foot portfolio, in addition to a 500,000 square foot Class A office building and a 94,000 square foot suburban office building.
Prior to COMPASS, Mr. Riera was Vice President of Leasing for Lincoln Property Company in New Orleans from 1987 to 1992, where he directed the leasing of Energy Centre, a 750,000 square foot Class A project. Additionally, he served as a broker for Coldwell Banker Commercial Real Estate Services from 1983 to 1987. His accomplishments include:
- Received the New Orleans Metropolitan Association of Realtors CID award for the largest office lease transaction for years 2001, 2003, 2004 and 2007, highlighted by a 209,000 square foot lease with Tulane University in 2004.
- Received the New Orleans Metropolitan Association of Realtors CID award for the top overall office producer for years 2003 and 2007.
- Received the New Orleans Metropolitan Association of Realtors CID award for the most commercial transactions for Year 2007.
- Won the Jones Lang LaSalle Top Leasing Professional of the Year Award for the Texas/Louisiana Region for Year 2005.
- Won the Jones Lang LaSalle Club Award for 2001, this award is presented to the top 5% of professionals within the company for achievements above and beyond expectations in performance and client satisfaction.
- Won the Jones Lang LaSalle Excellence in Leasing Award for Year 2003.
- Recognized as a Top Achiever by Jones Lang LaSalle for 2009 and 2010.
Education and Affiliations
Mr. Riera has a B.S. Degree in Business Administration – Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Administration from the University of New Orleans. He holds a Louisiana and Arkansas real estate Broker license. He is also a member of The New Orleans Metropolitan Association of Realtors and CCIM Associations and served for several years on the Board of Directors of the Commercial Investment Division of The New Orleans Metropolitan Association of Realtors holding various officer level positions. Mr. Riera has earned the Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation.
Representative Large Transactions
• Freeport McMoRan – 310,000 square feet
• Tulane University School of Medicine – 209,000 square feet
• Exxon Company U.S.A. - 202,000 square feet
• ExxonMobil Corporation - 194,000 square feet
• GSA IRS – 84,000 square feet
• McGlinchey Stafford Law Firm – 68,000 square feet
• Unisys Corporation – 55,000 square feet
• Superior Energy Services, Inc. – 38,000 square feet
• IBERIA Bank – 36,000 square feet