- Property size 272,281 ft2
Mapleton Centre - retail for sale
JLL’s National Retail Investment Group is pleased to offer for sale a 100% freehold interest in Mapleton Centre, a 272,281 SF recently constructed power centre located in the heart of Moncton, New Brunswick’s most dominant retail node. Situated on more than 30 acres, Mapleton Centre is currently 98.1% occupied with a diverse mix of needs-based and service-oriented retail with national tenants representing 81.5% of leased GLA.
The centre is anchored by a roster of national tenants including PetSmart, GoodLife Fitness, Golf Town, Bed Bath & Beyond, Sleep Country, Banana Republic, Structube, Party City, and a Tommy Hilfiger Outlet Store. The centre was meticulously constructed in stages, beginning in 2012 with the most recent phase being completed in 2018.
Mapleton Centre is located in a pre-eminent location benefiting from premium access and visibility, at the corner of Mapleton Road and Wheeler Boulevard with approximately 40,000 vehicles passing the site daily. The site is surrounded by major retailers which continuously draw in visitors from across the region. Easily accessible by both public transportation and vehicle, the site capitalizes on a central location less than 1 km south of the Trans-Canada Highway.
Moncton is the largest city in New Brunswick and has been experiencing a booming economy with strong population growth. The city is located at the geographical centre of the Atlantic Provinces and provides regional services to a large trade area, with 250,000 people within a one hour drive of the city. In 2017, the city became the top development hub in the Atlantic Provinces, surpassing both Halifax and St. John’s.
- Mapleton Centre is currently 98.1% leased to a diverse mix of needs-based and service-oriented tenants with national tenants representing 81.5% of leased GLA.
- Moncton is Atlantic Canada’s entertainment capital and Mapleton Centre is situated in the heart of Moncton’s most dominant retail and entertainment node, in close proximity to national retailers which continuously draw consumers to this area from across the region.
- The centre is situated on a large 30.68 acre corner lot with more than 1,008 parking stalls, achieving a parking ratio of 3.67 stalls per 1,000 SF of GLA. The site offers multiple access points including one at a signalized intersection.
- The site is easily accessible by both vehicle and public transportation, less than 1 km away from the Trans-Canada Highway, with frontage and access on two of the city’s busiest thoroughfares.
- The population within a 1 km radius of the site is expected to increase by 6.36% over the next 5 years, offering excellent exposure to a growing population and consumer base.